(Sweetpotato Advanced Resistance and Management for RKN)
The SweetARMOR project is a USDA National Institute of Food and Agriculture funded project that aims to meet the needs of stakeholders in the sweetpotato industry that are experiencing economic losses at the hands of root-knot nematodes.
Explore the above menu to learn more about the SweetARMOR project, the SweetARMOR team, nematodes, and sweetpotatoes!
- Louisiana State University Sweetpotato Field Day
- Date: August 31, 2023
- Location: Black Gold Farms, LA (2305 Highway 17, Delhi, LA 71232)
- SWEETARMOR Project Advisory Meeting
- Date: September 14, 2023 @ 11 AM
- Location: By invitation, via zoom
- North Carolina SPC Field Day
- Date: October 5, 2023
- Location: Horticulture Crops Research Station – Clinton (2450 Faison Highway, Clinton, NC)
- North Carolina Sweetpotato Commission, Inc. 2024 Annual Meeting of Membership
- Date: January 18, 2024, with doors opening at 8 AM
- Location: The Maxwell Center (3114 Wayne Memorial Drive, Goldsboro, NC 27534)
- 62nd National Convention of the U.S. Sweetpotato Council
- Date: January 21-24, 2024
- Location: New Orleans, LA
- National Sweetpotato Collaborators’ Group Annual Meeting
- Date: TBA
- Location: New Orleans, LA (prior to National Sweetpotato Convention)
- SWEETARMOR Annual Meeting
- Date: TBA
- Location: New Orleans, LA (Prior to National Sweetpotato Convention)
- Tristan Watson: Managing the Microscopic: Spotlight on Dr. Tristan Watson of the LSU AgCenter.
- ARE Economist Joins the Fight to Curb the Effects of Invasive Nematode on SweetPotatoes: Spotlight on Dr. Daniel Tregeagle of North Carolina State University.
- North Carolina State University (NCSU) funding announcement for the SweetARMOR project.
- Louisiana State University (LSU) AgCenter funding announcement for the SweetARMOR project.
- 2023 North Carolina Sweetpotato Field Day Videos